Mother tongue consultation on the asylum procedure and interview preparation in front of the camps
News: The Government of Upper Bavaria closes the doors for the asylum procedure consultants of the Infobus for Refugees. The Munich Refugee Council takes legal action against the access ban to the camps. Click here for the press release of 08.02.18.
Our project is necessary because…
Newly arrived refugees know little or nothing about the social, political, and administrative situation in Germany. They do not know the responsibilities of the various offices and institutions yet, nor do they understand the regulations concerning the asylum procedure and immigration law. The Infobus for Refugees supports refugees in this situation: we inform and help refugees to orient themselves.
“Other Iraqis in the camp recommended to turn to the bus for advice and consultation. I immediately felt a great comfort. Someone really listened to my story with interest and care. In my language, they explained what will be happening and prepared me. That made me feel good. I felt accepted and safe.” (Iraqi refugee)
WHO are we and WHAT do we do?
The Infobus – a joint project of the Munich Refugee Council and founded by Amnesty International Munich – is a streetwork project and the first non-governmental contact point for asylum seekers in Munich. We are a non-governmental organization. The project has been carried out since 2001 in Munich’s camps for asylum seekers. The Infobus team and its volunteer interpreters advise newly arrived asylum seekers in 13 languages on the following issues:
- detailed and individual consultation on the asylum procedure in Germany in the respective mother tongue without prior appointment;
- preparation for the hearing in the mother tongue and, if necessary, the company to the hearing at the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF);
- translation of important documents, such as the protocol of the hearing;
- assistance in any government matters/authority affairs (accompanied appointments if required);
- mediation and cooperation with specialized advice centers, such as Solwodi and Jadwiga;
- help with an appeal in case of a negative decision and mediation to lawyers;
- orientation and helpful contacts for everyday life as a refugee in Germany.
WHERE and WHEN we advise…
- Monday: 10:00 – 12:00 IN FRONT of the camp at Am Moosfeld 37
- Tuesday: 14:00 – 16:00 IN FRONT of AnkER-Zentrum Fliegerhorst (Von-Gravenreuth-str. 1, Fürstenfeldbruck) (NEW HOURS!)
- Wednesday: 17:00 – 19:00 IN FRONT of the camp at Lotte-Branz-Str. 2
- Thursday: 17:00 – 19:00 IN FRONT of Funkkaserne at Frankfurter Ring 200
Due to the currently imposed access ban of the government of Upper Bavaria, the Infobus cannot park as usual in the inner courtyards of the camps (information on the access ban Infobus here). Therefore, the consultation hours are usually held in front of the camps in our Infobus. However, as there are hardly any good parking facilities in the immediate vicinity, we ask you to make an appointment so that we can coordinate the consultations well. Registration is possible by writing an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0176/67 60 63 78. Thank you!
You can reach us by phone at 0176/67 60 63 78 or 0176/29 89 89 02. Advance booking is an advantage so that we have the appropriate interpreters on site. You can also send us an email to: email@example.com