The Munich Refugee Council (Münchner Flüchtlingsrat) was founded 1987 as a umbrella organization of the support networks in Munich. Today it is the information center for refugees and volunteers in Munich, as well as the most important lobbyist for refugees. The Munich Refugee Council is a non-profit registered association.
The key activities of the council are:
- Placement, consultation and training for volunteers
- Consultation and support for refugees
- Informing the public about refugee topics
- Lobbying for refugees and volunteers
To reach these goals, the support association Münchner Flüchtlingsrat e.V. is conducting three projects:
- Project Munich Refugee Council: Consultation and placement of volunteers and refugees, as well as lobbying and public relations
- Infobus for refugees: Consultation regarding the asylum procedure for newly arrived refugees before the reception
- Save Me: Campaign for resettlement program and godparent program
Our work is partly granted by the City of Munich. To execute our work in the fullest, we are strongly dependent on donations. Here, you can donate for the work of the Munich Refugee Council and the separate projects.