The Infobus – founded by the Munich Refugee Council and Anmesty International Munich as a joint project – is a street work project and a first non-governmental contact point for asylum seekers in Munich. Since 2001, the bus is standing in front of reception centers for refugees in Munich. The Infobus team and the volunteer translators give support in 13 languages regarding:
- Information about the asylum procedure in Germany
- Support with preparation and postprocessing of the “interview” (hearing regarding the asylum reasons) at the authorities (BAMF – Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge)
- Language and personal support in dealing with authorities
- Orientation and helpful contacts for the everyday life as refugee in Germany and the neighboring European countries
We are happy to answer your questions regarding the asylum procedure during a personal talk at the Infobus.
Consultation hours in the following first reception centers:
- Monday 2 pm – 3:30 pm Kalrstraße 22 (not for external visitors)
- Monday 4 pm – 6 pm Mc Graw Kaserne (Tegernseer Landstr. 239a)
- Tuesday 4 pm – 6 pm Funkkaserne (Frankfurter Ring 200) (not for external visitors)
- Wednesday 5 pm – 7 pm Lotte-Branz-Str. 2
- Saturday 12 am – 2 pm Lotte-Branz-Str. 2
Monday and Wednesday, as well as during the consultation hours, we also consult by phone at 0176 / 67 60 63 78 or 0176/29 89 89 02.
After arrangement, we can also provide translators for various languages.
Intercultural asylum guide
You can also receive clearly arranged information regarding the asylum procedure in our asylum guide. Since July 2016, we have a new version, but some translations are still under progress and only the old version is available.
- Guide Arabic NEW
- Guide German NEW
- Guide Farsi NEW
- Guide English NEW
- Guide French NEW
- Guide Serbisch NEW
- Guide Somali NEW
- Guide Tigrinya NEW
- Guide Urdu NEW
- Guide Spanish old
- Guide Turkish old
- Guide Chinese old
- Guide_Pashto old
- Guide Russian NEW
The asylum hearing at the “Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge” is the most important step in the asylum procedure. You can find basic information here or in other languages directly at the Infobus.
- Information sheet Arabian 2015
- Information sheet Chinese 2009
- Information sheet German 2015
- Information sheet English 2015
- Information sheet hearing French 2009
- Information sheet hearing Persian 2009
- Information sheet Russian 2015
- Information sheet Kurdish (Kurmandschi) 2009
- Information sheet Turkish 2009
- Information sheet Albanian 2015
- Information sheet Amharisch 2015
Newly picked up refugees must, according to § 7a Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz (AsylbLG), hand in their entire money up to a personal allowance of 125€ to the government of Upper Bavaria after they arrived in the reception center. For minors until their 14th birthday, the allowance is 65€. This can also apply for family jewelry if it’s value exceeds 250€, especially when picked up from police. The accommodation in the reception center equates a certain overall amount, which is removed from the retained values. This amount includes “all inclusive” allowances in kind, like food packages, housing and pocket money.