Our project “Gemeinsam Aktiv“ helps and advises everyone who wants to volunteer in the field of asylum and refugees. The coordinators of the honorary office support the volunteers throughout their whole process of volunteering. On the monthly information evenings the representatives of “Gemeinsam Aktiv” and the project “Save Me!” provide all those interested in volunteering with information regarding possibilities for honorary involvement. In addition there are regular networking meetings that allow all volunteers to exchange their experiences.
Sponsorships for families or individuals: You assist refugees with attending official business, introduce Munich to them and help them find a job or training position.
Language Partnership: You help newcomers in Munich with their German skills by becoming a steady speaking partner.
Assisting in the collective living quarters: You support the circle of helpers teams in their various help services like child care.
Tutoring: You tutor people from different age groups, in various subjects and on individual levels.
Accommodation Counselling: Providing advice for refugees during their search for adequate housing.
Counselling and Interpreting: You assist the counselling teams at the Infobus, at the detention pending deportation or in the office of the Münchner Flüchtlingsrat.
Political Activities: You can either join an activist group that speak up for refugees and their rights (e.g. Seebrücke München, Solidarity City Bündnis etc.) or you can collect donations, take part in demonstrations, inform yourself about racism and advocate refugee rights and issues in front of your colleagues, friends and family. You can see, there are many ways to be a political advocate for refugees.
Volunteering in any of our projects is always possible. You can help with administrative work, public relations activities and many other tasks.
Support and Training Opportunities For Volunteers:
- Regular and free workshops, talks and trainings on various relevant topics for our volunteers
- Weekly newsletter, which includes guides, offers and events in Munich and informs about important news regarding the field of refugees
- Getting acquainted and exchanging experiences with newcomers and helpers and meeting for tutoring or language tandems in our monthly “Café Hereinspaziert”
- Provision of an insurance for our volunteers
- Provision of a certificate for the honorary activities and participation in the trainings
Dachauer Str. 21a (backyard), 80335 München
Tel. 089/ 120 217 16
Fax 089/ 123 921 88
Elif Beiner, Adam Yamani
Monday – Thursday