• März 10, 2022

[av_textblock textblock_styling_align=“ textblock_styling=“ textblock_styling_gap=“ textblock_styling_mobile=“ size=“ av-medium-font-size=“ av-small-font-size=“ av-mini-font-size=“ font_color=“ color=“ id=“ custom_class=“ template_class=“ av_uid=’av-l0l4rmn8′ sc_version=’1.0′ admin_preview_bg=“]
Information on the situation of Ukrainian refugees (Version 112.04.2022)

If you have any questions, you can reach us during our office hours (Mon, Tue, Thu: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) via 089 123 900 96.

We are currently receiving many questions from people who have fled to Munich from Ukraine or from people who want to provide shelter for Ukrainian refugees here in Munich. We ask for your understanding that we cannot yet answer many questions regarding the current situation. The information below reflects our knowledge as of 28.03.2022 and will be updated whenever possible. Information on the European Council decision to accept refugees from Ukraine can be found at  Pro Asyl. According to the decision of the EU, this protection status applies to Ukrainian citizens as well as third-country nationals who had a legal status of international or national protection during their stay in Ukraine. The extent to which the directive will also apply to other third-country nationals who need to flee Ukraine is up to the individual EU states, and at the moment it is not yet clear how Germany will implement this. Upon arrival in Munich, there is an info point for new arrivals at the main train station (München HBF). Volunteers provide initial orientation support (also in Ukrainian). There is the possibility of a short-term overnight stay for more informationen contact the info point at the main station. ‚Diakonie München‘ has set up a telephone number that can be contacted throughout the week (including weekends!) from 8 am to 8 pm. The number is for refugees (also in Ukrainian) and enquiries from citizens willing to help: 089 / 12 69 915 100.

[av_toggle_container faq_markup=“ initial=’0′ mode=’accordion‘ sort=“ styling=’av-elegant-toggle‘ colors=’custom‘ font_color=’#262626′ background_color=’#ffffff‘ border_color=’#000000′ toggle_icon_color=“ colors_current=“ font_color_current=“ toggle_icon_color_current=“ background_current=’bg_color‘ background_color_current=’#d1d1d1′ background_gradient_current_direction=’vertical‘ background_gradient_current_color1=“ background_gradient_current_color2=“ background_gradient_current_color3=“ hover_colors=“ hover_font_color=“ hover_background_color=“ hover_toggle_icon_color=“ size-toggle=“ av-medium-font-size-toggle=“ av-small-font-size-toggle=“ av-mini-font-size-toggle=“ size-content=“ av-medium-font-size-content=“ av-small-font-size-content=“ av-mini-font-size-content=“ heading_tag=“ heading_class=“ alb_description=“ id=“ custom_class=“ template_class=“ av_uid=’av-l0l4qknx‘ sc_version=’1.0′ admin_preview_bg=“]
[av_toggle title=’Status under residence law for Ukrainian nationals‘ tags=“ av_uid=’av-29bwn8′ custom_id=“ sc_version=’1.0′]
When Ukrainian refugees arrive in Munich and want to stay here (for now), they have two options. The regulations apply to people who have entered since 24.2.2022 or who have been here shortly before that date.

Ukrainian nationals who had a permanent residence or their usual place of residence in Ukraine on 24 February 2022, but who were temporarily staying in Germany at that time, e.g. for visiting purposes, have temporary permission to apply for the required residence title after their arrival in Germany until 23 May 2022. The competent foreigners authority grants the temporary protection status according to § 24 AufenthG as a humanitarian residence permit. Such an application can also be made by Ukrainian nationals who have already stayed in Germany with a residence permit if the residence permit could not be extended (e.g. because the maximum duration of the EU study-related internship under section 16e of the Residence Act has been reached) or if the conditions for granting the permit no longer apply (e.g. school-leaving certificate for the residence permit under section 16f of the Residence Act).

1. extend the time without a visa by another 90 days.

You can choose this option if you have accommodation (e.g. with friends and family) and do not need social benefits (e.g. health insurance). To extend your time without a visa for another 90 days, please register your residence at the Bürgerbüro. To do this, you must make an appointment online. Once you have registered your residence, the Foreigners‘ Registration Office can extend your stay by 90 days. For the extension, please write an e-mail to ukraine.kvr@muenchen.de. Please state your full name and the date of your entry in the e-mail. Please enclose a copy of your passport (scanned or photographed). If you have any questions, you can call the Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners‘ Registration Office): +49 1525 66 52441 (Monday to Thursday 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. and Friday 7.30 a.m. to 1 p.m.)

2. residence permit for 1 year

If you do not have private accommodation: Please register for this at the „Ausländerbehörde“ in Munich. You will be accommodated in public accommodation after registration. After registration you are entitled to assistance for accommodation, food, clothing or in case of illness („Leistungen nach dem Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz“).

If you have private accommodation: Please contact the „Ausländerbehörde“ in Munich. If you know where you will be living in Munich (address of private or public accommodation), please register your residence at the Bürgerbüro. To do this, you must make an appointment online. Once you are registered and have reported your residence, the Ausländerbehörde can give you a residence permit for 1 year („Aufenthaltstitel nach § 24 Aufenthaltsgesetz“). With this residence permit you are allowed to work. For the residence permit, please write an e-mail to ukraine.kvr@muenchen.de. The Foreigners‘ Registration Office requires the following documents/information:
– Copy of passport with entry stamp to Germany
– Copy of 2 blank pages of your passport
– Was your last residence or habitual abode in Ukraine on 24.02.2022?
– When did you leave Ukraine?
– Proof of registration at Bürgerbüro
– Proof of registration with the Government (Regierung von Oberbayern) (sending confirmation of your e-mail as a screenshot is sufficient)
– Completed and signed document of application for residence permit
– Current biometric passport photo

If you have any questions, you can call the Foreigners‘ Registration Office: +49 1525 66 52441 (Monday to Thursday 7.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. and Friday 7.30 a.m. to 1 p.m.).“
[av_toggle title=’Information on third-country nationals who have fled Ukraine‘ tags=“ custom_id=“ av_uid=’av-2bdmys‘ sc_version=’1.0′]
for further information check here
[av_toggle title=’Getting to Germany‘ tags=“ av_uid=’av-63wz4k‘ custom_id=“ sc_version=’1.0′]
Ukrainian citizens may enter the Schengen area (and thus also Germany) without a visa for up to 90 days within a period of 180 days if they have a biometric passport. Please also note the information from the Bundesamtes and the Bundesinnenministerium.Those who have a non-biometric passport need a Schengen visa for this short stay, but at the moment entry is also permitted for humanitarian reasons. Regardless of this, the following applies: anyone who arrives in Germany and applies for asylum has a right to have an asylum procedure carried out, even if he or she does not have a passport or visa. At the moment, however, this is not necessary for people from Ukraine and is not recommended at the moment.
[av_toggle title=’Process of asylum‘ tags=“ av_uid=’av-4ncm4k‘ custom_id=“ sc_version=’1.0′]
Due to the short-term admission of refugees from Ukraine decided on Thursday, 03.03.2022, an asylum application is not necessary for the time being and is therefore not recommended at the moment. Persons concerned should keep themselves informed about current developments and, if necessary, inform themselves about the possibility of applying for asylum at a later date. In general, persons newly arriving in Germany have the possibility to apply for asylum. To do so, however, they must stay in an official reception centre. Private residency, for example with relatives, can only be applied for later. It should also be noted that the persons seeking protection in Germany may be subject to the Dublin III Regulation when they apply for asylum and that another European state (via which the persons entered) is responsible for the asylum application. Whether the European states will agree on a distribution of the refugees arriving first in neighbouring states and how the distribution key will then be designed is currently open. The same applies to the question of whether Germany is prepared to make generous use of the right of self-admission. Therefore, before applying for asylum, it should first be examined whether other possibilities to stay in Germany are more advisable.
[av_toggle title=’Further information‘ tags=“ av_uid=’av-32fses‘ custom_id=“ sc_version=’1.0′]
Counselling hours at Münchner Flüchtlingsrat:

Telephone: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at 089 12390096.

Email: Info@mfr.ngo
Comprehensive information on the procedure and admission can be found in the compilation of the Bayerischen Innenministerium. A good overview of general information on entry, residence, entitlement to benefits and access to the labour market can be found at the Niedersächsischer Flüchtlingsrat. A compilation of information, also in Russian and Ukrainian, can be found here: https://fluechtlingsrat-bw.de/

Further information on entry: https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/DE/AsylFluechtlingsschutz/faq-ukraine.html (FAQ of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) https://www.bamf.de/SharedDocs/Anlagen/DE/AsylFluechtlingsschutz/faq-ukraine-ukr.html?nn=282388 Міграційні питання та відповіді про Україну – Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/faqs/DE/themen/ministerium/ukraine-krieg/faq-liste-ukraine-krieg.html (FAQ of the Federal Ministry of the Interior) https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/service/UKR FAQ of the Federal Foreign Office

Categories: Allgemein